- Reid Hoffman’s Greylock Partners Invests $5 Million In Wrapp(Social Gifting Service)
- How To Make Facebook Timeline Work To Your Advantage
- 4 of the Biggest Marketing Challenges Your New Business Will Face
- Google Launches YouTube Analytics To Make It Easier To Learn About Your Audience
- Nexercise iPhone App Rewards You For Exercising
Social media marketing platform Shoutlet announced Monday morning that it has raised a $6 million Series B round of funding led by Madison-based American Family Insurance. Shoutlet has already raised $2 million Series A and a $1.2 million seed in 2007. A total of $9.2 in venture capital funding has been raised by shoutlet so far.
Shoutlet creates customer relationship management (CRM) tools intelligently matched to the age of social media. Launched in 2009, the Madison, WI-based startup offers clients a set of tools for managing their brand across multiple social media avenues. Facebook fan page management and e-commerce, Twitter broadcasting, customizable and portable widgets, email and video distribution and tracking reports. Shoutlet new features allow users to view fan updates and comments on Facebook pages in real-time and create an internal task to respond to that feedback on a certain date. Users can also create custom categories to classify fans, which could be useful for identifying the brand’s most active influencers.