Google has acquired a lot of startups in the past years, and 2010 is no exception. Google has acquired over 80 companies with its largest acquisition being the purchase of DoubleClick, an online advertising company, for US$3.1 billion. The following startups were all acquired in the year 2010.
- Aardvark a Social Search company based in the US was acquired on February 12, 2010 for $50,000,000.
- reMail is an Email Search startup based in the US. ReMail was acquired for an undisclosed price on February 17, 2010 and integrated with Gmail.
- On March 1, 2010 Picnik a Photo Editing app was acquired for $5,000,000 and integrated with Picasa .
- DocVerse , a Microsoft Office files sharing site was acquired on March 5, 2010 for $25,000,000 and integrated with Google Docs.
- Episodic an Online video platform startups was integrated with Youtube. The company was bought on April 2, 2010 for an undisclosed price.
- On April 12, 2010 PlinkArt a Visual Search Engine Mobile start-up based in the UK was acquired to be integrated with Google Goggles. Price undisclosed.
- Agnilux a Server technology start-up was bought for an undisclosed amount
- LabPixies developer of gadgets was acquired on April 27, 2010 for an undisclosed amount.
- Bump Technologies a Canadian desktop environment developer was bought for $30,000,000 on April 30, 2010 to be integrated with Google Android
- On May 20, 2010 Simplify Media a UK music syncing startup was bought for an undisclosed amount to be integrated with Android.
- Ruba.com is a travel site and was acquired on May 21, 2010 to be integrated with Google. Price undisclosed.
- On June 3, 2010 Invite Media an advertising company was bought for $81,000,000 for DoubleClick integration.
- ITA Software a travel technology company was acquired on July 1, 2010 for $700,000,000.
- Metaweb a semantic search company was bought on July 16, 2010.
- On August 4, 2010 Instantiations a Java/Eclipse/AJAX Developer Tools company
was bought to be integrated with Google Web Toolkit.
- Slide.com a social gaming startup was acquired on August 5, 2010 for $182,000,000.
- Jambool a social gold payment platform was bought on August 10, 2010 for $70,000,000.
- Like.com a visual search engine was bought for $100,000,000 on August 15, 2010 to be integrated with boutiques.com.
- Angstro a social networking service was bought on August 30, 2010
- SocialDeck, Inc. a Canadian social gaming company was acquired on August 30, 2010
- Quiksee an online video site was bought for $10,000,000 on September 13, 2010 to be integrated with Google Maps
- Plannr a schedule management company was acquired on September 28, 2010
- On October 1, 2010 , BlindType a Touch Typing startup from Greece was bought to be integrated with Android.
- Phonetic Arts a Speech synthesis company from UK was bought on December 3, 2010 for integration with Google Voice.
- Widevine Tecnologies a DRM company was acquired on December 3, 2010 for Google TV integration
- Google also acquired Zetawire a Canadian startup focusing on mobile payments transactions in December 2010.