- Help Scout Wants To Make Your Customer Service Performance Much Easier.
- ShoeDazzle Raises $40 million, Led By Andreessen Horowitz
- LeafSnap Mobile App Lets You Identify Trees by Taking a Picture of Their Leaves
- YouTube Unveils U.K. Movie Rental Service
- Seed Funding Legal Documents from Techstars and Y Combinator
SoSasta.com, co-founded by former Google employees Ananya Bubna and Udayan Bubna, is a venture of Friday Media Private Limited and offers group buying deals for electronic items, clothing, accessories and other luxury items. Launched in 2010, SoSasta has operations in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Nagpur.
GroupOn has already acquired majority stake in Australian deals site JumpOnIt, acquired Chilean site ClanDescuento and German startup CityDeal.de. Groupon intends to replicate its services across almost all the continents.
Other group buying news from India :
Group Buying Global AG (promoted by Dr.Klaus Hommels & Oliver Jung) and Harish Bahl of Smile Interactive, acquired group deals startup WanaMo.com, to launch Deals and You. Taggle, a group buying startup founded by John Kuruvilla raised $8.75 million in funding from Greylock Partners and Battery Ventures, and group buying startup Jasper Infotech (SnapDeal.com), a multi-channel direct marketing platforms company, acquired Grabbon.com, Bangalore-based group buying site.