Zynga is a social network game developer located in San Francisco, California, United States. The company develops browser-based games that work both stand-alone and as application widgets on social networking websites such as Facebook and MySpace. Over the years Zynga has acquired many studios across the world, the following studios were all acquired in 2010.
- Zynga Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
- Zynga China (formerly XPD Media, based in Beijing) – acquired May, 2010
- Zynga Austin (formerly Challenge Games) – acquired June, 2010
- Zynga Boston (fromerly Conduit Labs) – acquired August, 2010
- Zynga Japan (formerly Unoh Games, based in Tokyo) – acquired August, 2010
- Zynga Germany (formerly Dextrose AG, based in Frankfurt) – acquired September, 2010
- Zynga Dallas (formerly Bonfire Studios) – acquired October, 2010
Zynga’s new addition is Area/Code, a New York-based developer of social games. Financial terms of the buy were not disclosed. Area/Code says that it has become Zynga New York, headed by Frank Lantz as Creative Director and Demetri Detsaridis as General Manager. Area/Code said co-founder Kevin Slavin is departing the firm to focus on new ventures.