The YP app for Android™ devices (v3.0), is now available for free download from the Android Market. The updated app now serves up nearby deals, personalization and sharing features, adding to local search across 18M+ business listings, local events, maps and more.
As of February 2011, YP app searches on Android devices have grown over 500 percent year-over-year(1), indicating that Android users are increasingly looking for nearby businesses while mobile.
The free app, designed by AT&T Interactive specifically for the Android platform, offers users a comprehensive local search experience with much more than business search and mapping functionality. New features offer ways to save both money and time in one app:
* Browse thousands of nearby coupons, specials, and discounts in the new “Deals” section – offering everyday savings from local businesses and national chains. Unlike other deals offerings, users have access to a range of money-saving offers requiring no upfront purchase or “check in.”
* Scan the location-aware homescreen to see local weather, nearby deals and local events in personally-selected categories at a glance.
* Save deals, favorite businesses, and events to “My Stuff” for easy access.
* A quick access menu takes fewer taps to call, see a map or get directions to a business nearby.
* Enhanced location detection automatically pinpoints a users’ location, often down to the street address, making it easier to quickly find things nearby.
The updated app is available for free download by searching for “YP” in the Android Market. Earlier versions of the app are also conveniently pre-loaded on Android devices from AT&T including the recently released HTC Inspire™ 4G and Motorola ATRIX™ 4G.