- JiWire, a provider of location-based information for the wireless market raised $20M in a Series C funding round. The funding was led by Trident Capital
- San Jose-based Proformative, an online site focused on corporate finance executives, secured $1.1M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by Bullpen Capital and Floodgate, the venture fund of Mike Maples.
- San Francisco-based Funzio, a developer of Facebook and mobile games, scored $20M in a Series A funding. The round was led by IDG Ventures
- San Francisco-based BranchOut, which develops professional networking and jobs applications on Facebook, raised another $18M in a venture capital funding.
- Alpine Data Labs, a developer of predictive data insight software, secured $7.5M in a Series A funding round. The round came from Sierra Ventures, Mission Ventures, and Sumitomo Corporate Equity Asia.
- Palo Alto-based PageOnce, the provider of financial applications for mobile devices, raised $15M in a new funding round. The round was led by Morgenthaler Ventures
- FreeMonee, a firm developing cash incentive programs for merchants to reward customers, scored $11M in a first round of funding. The funding came from Opus Capital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Pinnacle Ventures and Contrarian Group.
- Claritics, a developer of social analytics software, secured $1.5M in a Series A financing round. The round was led by Cervin Ventures and TiE Angels.
- Demandbase, which develops software to help identify the visitors to companies’ web sites, has raised $10M in a new round of funding. The round was led by Sutter Hill Ventures, and also included prior investors Sigma Partners, Altos Ventures, and Adobe Systems.
- HotelTonight raised $3.25 million in Series A round of funding led by Battery Ventures and also included participation from Accel Partners
"Get free updates"