Garage48 is a weekend event series where people can turn their ideas into working web and mobile services within just 48 hours.
Garage48 events started in Estonia in April 2010 and have expanded to other countries in Northern Europe and Africa since then. All Garage48 events are held in English and have about 100 participants from different countries.
Garage48 in Accra is the second event in Africa to turn ideas into working product or prototype. 6 teams are scheduled to launch their products (prototypes) today May 15th 2011 at 5pm. The list of live projects include:
- Back to Ghana – talented people study abroad and they don’t come back. We must get them back. On-line portal advertising business opportunities in Ghana and job opportunities in Ghana.
- EazyResponse – an app to help a school to communicate with parents of the students. Sending out the notifications helping parents to get info on their mobile.
- ElectronicPA – electronic personalized assistant, helping setting appointments, meetings, giving also personalized reminders via SMS, voice calls and e-mails. An on-line secretary.
- Housing Directory – Bringing together people looking for accommodation and people offering rooms or apartments. A channel for finding rooms and apartments. With maps and preference listings. Helping students and people moving to town
- GHUPPS Document Depot (Ghana Unified Public Private System) – one stop shop for documents retrieval. System to categorize and organize documents for ministries and other state entities in the public piece. A document management system for the government entities.
- One Item Per Day – online retailer offering the best bargains on one product per day. You can check out the deal of the day very quickly once a day.