- SARcode Bioscience, a firm developing treatments for inflammatory disease, raised $44M in a Series B financing round. The round was led by Sofinnova Ventures, and also included Rho Ventures, Alta Partners, and Clarus Venture Partners.
- MoboTap, the developer of a web browser app for the Android smartphone market, secured $10M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by Sequoia Capital and also included Matrix Partners.
- EchoSign, a developer of web-based, electronic signature software, was acquired by Adobe Systems. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed
- Move, the parent firm of Realtor.com and other real estate websites, acquired SocialBios, the developer of online business referral and social search software. Financial details of thea cquisition were not disclosed.
- Autodesk, the developer of 3D cad software, acquired Pixlr, an online, social site focused on creating, collecting, editing, and sharing images. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- Intel Corporation acquired Fulcrum Microsystems, a developer of Ethernet switch silicon for data center networks. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- SupersonicAds, which operates an in-game, advertising network, scored $4.2M in a first institutional funding.
- Reputation.com raised $41M in a Series D funding round. The round was led by August Capital, and also included Insight Capital, Jafco Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
- SynapSense, a developer of wireless instrumentation systems for managing data center energy efficiency, scored $16M in a Series C funding round. The round included Crosslink Capital, Aeris Capital, Emerald Technology Ventures, GE Energy Financial Services, Nth Power, Robert Bosch Venture Capital and Sequoia Capital.
"Get free updates"