- SARcode Bioscience, a firm developing treatments for inflammatory disease, raised $44M in a Series B financing round. The round was led by Sofinnova Ventures, and also included Rho Ventures, Alta Partners, and Clarus Venture Partners.
- MoboTap, the developer of a web browser app for the Android smartphone market, secured $10M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by Sequoia Capital and also included Matrix Partners.
- EchoSign, a developer of web-based, electronic signature software, was acquired by Adobe Systems. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed
- Move, the parent firm of Realtor.com and other real estate websites, acquired SocialBios, the developer of online business referral and social search software. Financial details of thea cquisition were not disclosed.
- Autodesk, the developer of 3D cad software, acquired Pixlr, an online, social site focused on creating, collecting, editing, and sharing images. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- Intel Corporation acquired Fulcrum Microsystems, a developer of Ethernet switch silicon for data center networks. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- SupersonicAds, which operates an in-game, advertising network, scored $4.2M in a first institutional funding.
- Reputation.com raised $41M in a Series D funding round. The round was led by August Capital, and also included Insight Capital, Jafco Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
- SynapSense, a developer of wireless instrumentation systems for managing data center energy efficiency, scored $16M in a Series C funding round. The round included Crosslink Capital, Aeris Capital, Emerald Technology Ventures, GE Energy Financial Services, Nth Power, Robert Bosch Venture Capital and Sequoia Capital.
Download our new FREE eBook "Launch and Disrupt"