- Intuity Medical raised $76M in funding, in a second close of a previously announced Series D funding.
- 3D CAD software firm Autodesk acquired Instructables, the San Francisco-based online community focused on do-it-yourself projects. Financial terms of the buy were not disclosed.
- Twitter scored a “significant round of funding” from venture firm DST Global, which it says will be used to aggressively innovate, hire more people and invest in international expansion.
- Google acquired The DealMap, the Menlo Park-based online aggregator of local deals. Financial terms of the buy were not disclosed.
- Sony Computer Entertainment acquired videogames developer SUcker Punch Productions.
- Google Ventures, the venture capital arm of Google, made an investment in an online coupon and deals operator, WhaleShark Media. Financial details of the investment were not disclosed.
- InMobi, the venture-backed, mobile advertising network, acquired Sprout, a developer of mobile HTML5 rich media advertising software. Financial terms of the acquisition were not announced.
- FirstRain, the developer of software used by business to monitor marketing, sales, finance, and other operations, raised $6.4M in a funding round.
- Grandis, Inc., a developer of spin transfer torque random access memory (STT-RAM) memory technology, was acquired by Samsung Electronics, Samsung announced Tuesday. Financial details of the acquisition were not announced.
- Airy Labs, a developer of social learning games for young children, raised $1.5M in a seed funding round. The round was led by Foundation Capital.
- Inkling, which develops digital textbook software, raised $17M in a Series B funding round. The round was led by Tenaya Capital.
- Get Satisfaction, which develops online software to help companies power online customer support and online communities, raised $10M in a Series B funding round.
- Lending Club, the person-to-person microlending marketplace operator, secured a $25M investment round. The round was led by Union Square Ventures.
- The Meltwater Group, a developer of social media monitoring tools and services, acquired IceRocket, a developer of blog and social media search tools. Financial details of the buy were not announced.
- Kixeye–the social gaming developer formerly known as Casual Collective– raised $18M in a Series C funding round. The round was led by Jafco Ventures.
- myRete, the developer of the mobile social networking app, WhosHere, raised a first round of funding from Lightbank, the venture capital investment fund of Groupon co-founder Eric Lefkofsky and Brad Keywell.
- IO Turbine, a developer of software caching technology for VMware virtual environments, was acquired by flash SSD maker Fusion-io.
"Get free updates"