- Jerry Yang Quits Yahoo!, A Company He Co-founded in 1995
- Apply Now: Citrix Startup Accelerator Global Challenge 2011
- SliceBiz Wins Second Startup Weekend Accra
- Angry Birds- An Addictive Mobile Game With More Than 50 Million Downloads Wins Best Mobile Game
- Startup Founder Lessons: Paul Biggar On Why YCombinator-backed NewsTilt Was Shutdown
Lady Gaga who has over 10 million Twitter followers and recently worked on an interesting partnership with Zynga for the Facebook game FarmVille intends to help artists embrace social networks and the Internet like she has.
Lady Gaga has teamed up with her manager Troy Carter to create a new social startup-Backplane. Backplane will blend technology and entertainment and plans to provide a venue for online communities by combining brands’ various social media presences into one platform.
Backplane has already raised over $1 million in a round of funding led by Tomorrow Ventures, the investment firm founded by Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt. Lady Gaga holds a 20 percent stake in the company. Backplane is still in stealth mode.
Lady Gaga’s image courtesy Huffingtonpost.