- AT&T Interactive Updates The YP App For Android, A Local Search App
- Tips On Creating A Great Startup Office Space
- Pictarine Puts All Your Social Photos In One Timeline
- Startup Founder Spotlight: Brian Chesky,CEO And Co-Founder of Airbnb
- SocialVibe Integrates with Facebook To Test its “Facebook Credits” Program
On Thursday in a blog post Google said “Today we’re adding games to Google+. With the Google+ project, we want to bring the nuance and richness of real-life sharing to the web. But sharing is about more than just conversations. The experiences we have together are just as important to our relationships. We want to make playing games online just as fun, and just as meaningful, as playing in real life.”
Google+ began offering a range of games from publishers including Zynga, Rovio and Wooga, but minutes after Google announced the offering on its Official Blog, it disappeared. It’s likely to return very soon though. “Games will be gradually rolling out so you might not see it right away,” a Google rep says.
Facebook has also announced in a blog post today August 12th that “For those who enjoy games on Facebook, we’re launching new features to make it easier to find new games and play with friends.”
It’s the new game ticker on Facebook. “When you’re playing games, you’ll now see a separate stream of your friends’ game activity, scores and achievements in a ticker. The best way to find new games is through friends, and now you’ll have more opportunities to see what they’re playing.“Jared Morgenstern said.