- 9 Startups Raised Over $78 Million This Week
- Top 10 Apps And Sites Using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
- Ignite100 Launches Startup Accelerator With £1 Million Fund
- 22 Startups Emerge Out of WeWork Labs Incubator In 3 Months
- Angry Birds- An Addictive Mobile Game With More Than 50 Million Downloads Wins Best Mobile Game
To encourage instant online appreciation, Renault were displaying their innovative Facebook share pillars at the AutoRAI Amsterdam Motorshow in April this year.
The show is the largest automotive event in the Netherlands, and featured brands such as BMW, Lamborghini, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, Bugatti, Lotus and Jaguar.
At the event, Renault cars were accompanied by Facebook pillars designed in collaboration with Blogmij.
How it worked
The 250,000 visitors to the show were invited to collect their free Renault RFID micro-chip embedded cards from the Renault stand, which they could then link to their Facebook profile. Once the card had been linked, simply swiping it in front a car’s pillar would count as a Facebook “like”, posting a link to that car on the card bearer’s profile.