- Google Ventures is the lead investor in a stealth-mode firm, Nettle, which says it is creating next generation social, local, mobile applications and websites aimed at the entertainment market. Google led its $500,000 seed round.
- Menlo Park-based U.S. Venture Partners is the lead investor in a Series B funding round for Zerto, a developer of business continuity and disaster recovery products. Zerto raised $15M in a round, led by USVP.
- Zoove, which provides star-based numbers on wireless carriers for brands, secured $15M in a Series D funding. The round was led by Panorama Capital
- Motors, the developer of electric vehicle technology and electric motorcycles, raised $9.0M in a Series B funding round. The round was led by Warburg Pincus.
- Centrify, a developer of security and compliance software, scored $16M in a Series D round of funding. The round was led by Index Ventures.
- Upmo, which develops a career-focused, social networking application for the enterprise, raised $1.7M in a secured bridge funding round.
- GoodData, which develops a cloud-based, business intelligence product, scored $15M in a new funding round. The firm said the funding was led by Andreessen Horowitz.
- RelayRides, which operates a car sharing service which allows neighbors to share their automobiles, raised $10M in a Series A-2 financing round. The round came from Shasta Ventures
"Get free updates"