Excelerate Labs, a Chicago incubator program has showcased the 2011 graduating class of 10 startups. Excelerate Labs is an intensive summer accelerator for startups driven by proven entrepreneurs and investors.
Led by world class entrepreneurs Sam Yagan (OKCupid, Sparknotes) and Troy Henikoff (SurePayroll), the program is unique in attracting scores of mentors from around the country to work with the teams in direct 1-on-1 meetings.
The program selects ten companies every spring to participate in the 13-week intensive summer program.
Excelerate Labs Class of 2011 graduates include:
- BabbaCo – a monthly subscription box of activities to enrich time spent with your kids.
- Buzz Referrals – enables companies to create their own branded referral programs that integrate seamlessly with websites and social media programs.
- CookItFor.Us – connects Cravers to Makers to get recipes made – delivering all the benefits of homemade, without having to cook.
- Exchangery – helps industry experts to create their own commodities exchanges.
- Food Genius – helps you discover and share your next favorite dish.
- Goshi – a smartphone application that allows you to discover and purchase unique items nearby.
- IntroFly – a virtual career coach for Gen Y.
- Joystickers – turns the analog world into a mobile game.
- Power2Switch – an electricity cost and usage reduction portal for residential and commercial customers.
- Shortlist – helps you make more meaningful connections at professional events.