- Quixey, which is developing a search engine for mobile, desktop, web, and browser apps, raised $3.8M. The series A funding round was led by U.S. Venture Partners and W.I. Harper Group.
- Kenandy, a developer of cloud-based manufacturing, inventory management, engineering, purchasing, production, and requirements planning software, secured $10.5M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
- MapR Technologies, which develops a version of open source distributed computing software Apache Hadoop, scored $20M in a Series B funding round. The round was led by Redpoint Ventures.
- Scientific Conservation, Inc., a provider of building energy management software, raised $9.6M in a third round of venture capital funding. The funding was led by Triangle Peak Partners.
- E la Carte, the maker of a consumer-facing tablet for the restaurant and hospitality industry, scored $4M in a funding round from Lightbank, the venture capital arm of Groupon founders Eric Lefkofsky and Brad Keywell.
- RootMusic, the developer of social music app BandPage for Facebook, raised $16M in a Series B round of funding. According to the company, the round was led by GGV Capital.
- GoodGuide, a provider of the green and social quality information on products and companies, raised another $5M in funding. Details on the funding have not yet been announced by the company.
- Hive Media, a developer of social games geared around movies, television, and brands, secured $1.5M in a funding round, according to angel group the Keiretsu Forum. The funding round also included The Angels’ Forum, Band of Angels, and Golden Seeds.
- CloudOn, a developer of mobile productivity apps for smartphones, raised $7.7M, a Series A preferred round for the firm. The new funding included Rembrandt Venture Partners and Foundation Capital.
You May Also Like
Download our new FREE eBook "Launch and Disrupt"