- Menlo Park-based Clean power Finance, a provider of financing and services for the solar industry, raised $25M in an investment round, from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Google Ventures.
- Campbell-based BlueStacks, which develops software which allows Android applications to run on a PC, scored $10.64M in funding.
- Mashape, an online site which connects developers with application programming interfaces (APIs), raised $1.5M in a seed funding round.
- Redwood City-based Striiv, a developer of electronic devices aimed at motivating fitness, secured $6M in a Series A funding round. The round came from id Ventures, led by Dr. Ronald Chwang.
- Mountain View-based InternMatch, which operates an online site to match students with employers, scored $500,000 in an angel funding. The round came from Marc Randolph.
- San Francisco-based Project Frog, a developer of energy efficient, pre-engineered building components used to assemble educational and other facilities, has raiesd $22M in funding. The round was led by GE Energy Financial Services.
- San Francisco-based Vintners’ Alliance, a provider of marketing technology and databases for the premium winery market, raised $1.3M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by Kohlberg Ventures.
- Spreaker, an online service which allows users to syndicate and record audio content to mobile, web, and other channels, scored $1.1M in an angel funding round.
- Redwood City-based Omidyar Network, the philanthropic investment arm of Pierre Omidyar, the founder of eBay, said Wednesday that it has backed Finestrella, a provider of mobile telephone services to the low income and unbanked Mexican population. Omidyar and fellow investor IGNIA said they led a $13.75M, Series B round of financing in Finestrella
- Platfora, a developer of Hadoop data analytics tools, raised $5.7M in a Series A funding. The funding was led by Andreesen Horowitz.
- AlertEnterprise, a developer of security software aimed at industrial control systems, physical access systems, as well as IT systems, received $19M in an investment round. The round was led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
- Palantir Technologies, the developer of analytics software for the intelligence and financial industry headed by Alexander Karp, raised $68M in new funding.
- RingCentral, the provider of cloud-based, business phone services, scored $10M in a Series D funding round. The round was led by Scale Venture Partners.
"Get free updates"