Don Dodge is a veteran of five start-ups including Forte Software, AltaVista, Napster, Bowstreet, and Groove Networks. Don was recently Director of Business Development for Microsoft’s Emerging Business Team. Don is now a Developer Advocate at Google helping developers build applications on Google platforms.
- Do something you are passionate about
- Get two co-founders who have different and complimentary experience
- Test your idea with potential users before raising money
- Raise money from people who can help you build the company, not just write you a check
- Be persistent, don’t give up easily, but pivot when necessary