- CharityCall And PayPal To Drive Mobile Fundraising Solution For NonProfits
- Swallowable Parfum Cosmetic Capsule Will Make Your Skin Emit Perfume
- Google Unveils Google Keep to Compete with Evernote
- UCSD Graduates Develop A Mobile App That Can Diagnose Malaria
- [VIDEO] Fred Wilson: The Magic Formula For The Perfect Startup
Facebook unveiled Facebook Timeline this morning. Facebook said that Timeline would be on the way for everyone sometime in the coming weeks. But luckily for you, a hack to enable it is already online. I just activated mine. This is how to enable the new Facebook profile page.
1. Log into Facebook
2. Enable developer mode, if you haven’t already. To do this, type “developer” into the search box, click the first result (it should be an app made by Facebook with a few hundred thousand users), and add the app.
3. Jump to the developer app (if Facebook doesn’t put you there automatically, it should be in your left-hand tool bar)
4. Create a new app (don’t worry — you wont actually be submitting this for anyone else to see/use). Give your new app any display name and namespace you see fit. Read through and agree to the Platform Privacy agreement. This is the step you need to be verified for.
5. Make sure you’re in your new app’s main settings screen. You should see your app’s name near the top of the page.
6. Look for the “Open Graph” header, and click the “Get Started using open graph” link.
7. Create a test action for your app, like “read” a “book”, or “eat” a “sandwich”
8. This should drop you into an action type configuration page. Change a few of the default settings(only you can see this unless you try and submit your application to the public directory), and click through all three pages of settings
9. Go back to your Facebook homescreen. An invite to try Timeline should be waiting at the top of the page
10. Its all done. You can now experience the all new Facebook timeline.