- Take A Look At The New Kindle Cover With Light Website
- Founder Lessons: Eileen Gittins-Dos And Don’ts When Pitching To VCs
- All 15 Startups Selected For DreamIt Ventures Inaugural NYC Program
- Offer Daily Deals On Casual Online Games To Facebook Users With Inhale Digital
- Spice Launches Mobile Radio-iDJ For Safaricom Subscribers
For anyone interested in starting, growing, or investing in a new business, it is important that your startup focuses on what will drive the business to achieve its goals and objectives within a specific time. The best way to improve your odds of success is to move slowly and carefully in starting a business.
- Focus on getting several good clients who pay on time and are easy to work with.
- The greater clarity you have regarding –values, vision, mission, purpose and goals–the greater the probability that your startup will accomplish something meaningful.
- Ask your satisfied clients for referrals, offer free consultations to new referrals.
- “Even if you are starting your business on a kitchen table, you must have a vision of becoming a world leader in your field, or you will probably never be successful.” Peter Drucker
- Listen to the needs of your clients and customers.
- Cashflow. Right now every responsible business owner should be conscious of maintaining a healthy cashflow.
- Develop a Mission and Purpose that is valid, well thought out and constantly reflected upon.
- The most important thing for business today is to build relationships with their potential and current clients.
- Organizations that are able to adapt quickly to changes in the market, customer, channel, economy, competition, etc will have a winning edge.
- Do some pro bono work for a charitable organization with industry links.
- A business owner must be focused on the quality level of services he is providing, matching with the customer needs.
- Define and understand your customer. Fulfill his wants, needs, desires and calm his fears to sell your product for a profit. Then build loyalty.
Image courtesy Christy Bindas