- Buffer Lets You Build A Tweet Queue For Consistent Tweeting
- Newly Launched StartupReadingList Offers You The Best Startup Articles
- Evernote Secures $50 Million Round Led by Sequoia Capital
- Tony Hsieh’s Zappos Gets It, Customer Service is King
- These 10 Female Founded Startups Have Recieved Over $170 Million In Funding
HootSuite has acquired Geotoko, a location-based marketing tool to help businesses gain insight on and market to their audience and customers. The Geotoko technology reports on social media interactions like key influencers, customer sentiment, and demographic patterns to help businesses draw conclusions about audience behavior, as well as help brands reward customers for checking-in via Foursquare and Facebook Places.
Geotoko launched in May 2010 at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in New York as part of the Startup Battlefield competition. The founders are joining HootSuite with CTO Rasheed Akhtar coming on as Director of Local and CEO Adarsh Pallian serving as Director of Apps and Integrations.
Ryan Holmes, HootSuite CEO says, “Geo-location will be the hotpoint addition to every savvy marketer’s mix in 2012 and beyond. Geotoko is our most material acquisition to date and we are ecstatic to welcome the talented team on board.
This is HootSuite’s fifth acquisition – along with What the Trend, Twapper Keeper, TwitterBar (now HootBar) and Swift App (now HootSuite for Android)