- A common founding team might include a great technologist, plus someone who can run the company, at least to start. Marc Andreessen
- Do what you really love. If you work hard at it you will get good at it, and you’re more likely to do that if it’s something you want to do
- Establish a business agreement (contract) at the very beginning of your venture. This should outline who does what and equity split. This eliminates nasty legal issues once the business becomes successful. - Tom Preston-Werner Founder, GitHub
- Keep sales out of tech support. Good tech support creates loyal customers. Loyalty creates referrals. Referrals don’t need sold. -Business of software
- In your heads is the future of innovation. – Ron Conway
- If you have an idea put it up there online, no matter what it looks like. You need the feedback early on.- Brian Chesky Founder, Airbnb
- The quality of your VC isn’t more important than the quality of your product or your team.
- Start-ups also are becoming easier to build without venture cash because entrepreneurs can now outsource programming chores to cheap, offshore engineers.- Paul Graham
- Like in any competitive market, fear and hope are the two competing forces.
- Customers will always tell you how to improve but not how to be different.
- There’s nothing quite more permanent than a temporary business model. – Matt Mullenweg
- Be consistent in your management practices until you realize what’s wrong with them.
- Building a company is like baking a cake… sometimes the eggs get on the roof. – Marc Andreessen
- Google is extraordinarily profitable because relevant search is incredibly important, and relevant ads are effective.
- Entrepreneurs must test early, pivot when necessary.
- Join a startup for learning experience, then start your own company.
- It’s ok if something doesn’t scale as long as it strengthens your position.- Adam D’Angelo