PayPal today updated its Android app to enable people to make payments to each other via near field communications enabled smartphones. Paypal users using NFC Android phones can now make payments with friends or other PayPal users that happen to have NFC on their devices.
Right now there are only a handful of NFC enabled phones with the Samsung Nexus S the most prominent among the few. 2012 promises to be exciting for NFC technology enthusiast and developers who intend to take advantage of it.
Near field communication, or NFC, allows for simplified transactions, data exchange, and wireless connections between two devices in close proximity to each other, usually by no more than a few centimeters
Features of the updated Paypal android app
. Send money as a gift, split the bill, or repay a friend for FREE*
· Snap a photo of your check to add money directly from the app, no fees apply (US only)
· Check your balance, withdraw money, or view past transactions – anytime, anywhere
· Request Money with an NFC-enabled phone
· Use the PayPal local feature to find businesses nearby that accept PayPal as payment (US only)
· As always, your information is secure with PayPal