- Former Execs From Salesforce.com Launch Okta- On-Demand Identity And Access Management App
- MindofTwo.com Wants To Be The “Anti-Facebook” For Anonymous Sharing
- [Infographic] Top 31 Wealthiest Tech Startup Founders
- Amazon Launches MYHABIT.COM, a New Private Fashion Sale Site
- Best Mobile Apps For #Productivity In 2012
LeafSnap is a free mobile app lets you identify trees by taking a picture of their leaves with your iPhone. Go for a walk, take a shot of a leaf and the app will identify its tree and give you all the information about that tree.
Leafsnap is the first in a series of electronic field guides being developed by researchers from Columbia University, the University of Maryland, and the Smithsonian Institution. This free mobile app uses visual recognition software to help identify tree species from photographs of their leaves.
Leafsnap contains beautiful high-resolution images of leaves, flowers, fruit, petiole, seeds, and bark.