Startup Weekend Accra started with lots of energy on Friday night. As a member of the organizing team I was busy getting logistics ready for voting after the pitches. 13 ideas were pitched that night. Participants voted on the top ideas immediately after the pitches. Each participant had three votes. At the end of the votes, 8 team emerged. Each team had a minimum if 3 members and maximum of 8. The teams started work immediately after the team formation. Early Saturday morning teams had already started work. 8 mentors arrived that morning and shared their experiences with each team. Today, teams are still working on their prototypes and refining business concepts. The following 8 teams will make presentations tonight to a panel of judges. Ghana’s former minster of Communications, Ekow Spio-Garbrah will join the panel of judges to decide the winning team.
- Dropifi- A web messaging platform that turns your contacts into loyal customers.
- Maid.dle- A web service for matching housekeepers to potential clients.
- iDentify-A mobile app that identify your location and helps you get to your destination.
- Panic-eye-A single key alert activation app which will guarantee quick and effective response in times of emergency. Its a disruptive technology that will be the future of 911.
- DigiDoc-A web application that will be used by doctors in analyzing patient X-rays and scans everywhere leading to prompt response that will help save lives.
- Djumah- A professional networking platform that leverages the power of social networking of both employers and job seekers to identify the most trusted and qualified candidates.
- TeamTaunt- A social element of sports that creates perhaps the most passion among sports fans but that is not accurately tackled by the various sports network is fan rivalry.
- GAS’YO-An app that lets you know the closest LPG filling station to your home, where gas is still available to refill your empty tank.