Yahoo has launched a new product to its mobile communications suites(Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps). The new Yahoo Hub allows you to easily add participants to any conversation thread so it’s easy to switch from private messaging to a group conversation. Whether it is just keeping up with a close group of friends or making spontaneous plans, Yahoo promises you no longer have to deal with scattered messages.
There are no text messaging fees – messages are sent over WIFI or using your data connection – and Hub is device agnostic, which means you can communicate with anyone on any mobile device as long as you have their mobile phone numbers.
Yahoo Hub features
- Group Messaging: Enjoy group conversations with several friends at once
- Local and international SMS messages: Send text messages to other Hub users or any mobile phone for free†
- Privacy: Easily view and add participants to any conversation thread
- Message any phone: Your friends can reply with any SMS enabled mobile phone
- Instant notifications: Get push notifications for incoming messages so you never have to miss a conversation
Hub is currently in beta and is available for download on the Android Marketplace.
Yahoo Hub Beta is currently available in the United States, Canada, Indonesia, India, Kuwait, Malaysia, Philippines, Pakistan, Thailand, and Vietnam at launch. The free-to-send SMS messages are also available only to users with a US mobile subscription with a text plan.