If you are interested in stitching together a series of overlapping photos in order to create a single, wide-angle panoramic picture, Dermandar makes that easy. Dermandar uses iPhone’s built-in gyroscope to help you auto-align your photos as you take them. The app is one of the best panoramic photography apps out there.
Dermandar lets you shoot your photos using a normal camera with no need for professional equipment. It features a fully automated capturing system, immersive 3D viewer and built-in social media sharing options. Stitching is relatively fast. You can manually move the panoramic image around including double tapping to zoom.
How to capture your panoramic image with Dermandar
- Hold the device in portrait mode and avoid tilting it (straight vertical !)
- Tap the START button
- Rotate the device to the left or right
- When the two shapes on top form a circle, an image will be taken automatically
- Keep rotating the device in the chosen direction
- Tap the FINISH button or put the device in landscape orientation to stitch and view the panorama
- If you want to keep the panorama, tap the keep button on the viewer page
- Tap the Gallery button anytime to cancel shooting
You can share a link to an immersive 3D viewer page (HTML5 and Flash) on Facebook and Twitter or Email the panorama as an image or as a link. Use the “Near me” gallery feature to see panoramas near your location.