- Bootstrapped: Answerlab-User Experience Research And Consulting
- Facing The Truth: Entrustet Helps You Pass On Digital Assets After You’re Gone
- ArabNet Unveils Top 10 Finalists For its Startup Demo
- Qriously Wants To Measure Location-based Public Sentiment in Real-time
- Hoot.me Receives Top Honors At StartupCamp3 Comms Edition
Startup a business requires some level of skills. But you don’t need to be an expert to start that business you have been thinking of. And you don’t need to be a professional to take your business from bankrupt to revenue generation. To get started, do your research about your industry, gather the right resources, put together the best team, and find out if you are really solving a problem. Go ahead to launch it if you believe in it. These are a few startup lessons gathered just for you.
- You don’t need a college degree to start a business.
- Don’t take money unless you have to. Bootstrapping the business makes you more creative and focused.-Todd McDonagh
- Cash flow, cash flow, cash flow – never as much or as quick as needed; and, the more successful your company is, the more critical cash is.-Marshall Maglothin
- You must have a compelling response for: why the hell am i doing this?-Elana Carter
- Your first idea may not necessarily be the idea that will translate into your business.
- It is not the survival of the fittest, but rather survival through adaptation. Embrace change!- Kevin Henry
- Not everyone will see or understand your vision therefore don’t share your vision with everyone. -Lisa Cash Hanson
- Change is a law of the universe. Move with it or your customers will.-Eric Reese
- Focus on what works, and be good at it.
- Take responsibility for failures just as you do successes. -Thomas Rees
- Smart hiring is your ticket to building a great team
- Find your audience. Know your audience. Serve your audience.
- The most important factor in any business is connecting with customers. Without customers, you don’t run a business, you have a hobby.
- Keep costs low, and reduce them further each chance you get. Claus S
- Know your nerves, be best, be focused, don’t Waste & Haste, be responsive, Never fail your commitments ~ there is always light on the other side… -Achal Kumar
- More planning + persistence + discipline + reviewing. Less procrastination + fear of failure = success. -Brenda Thomson
- Don’t go solo. Look for your perfect opposite and make it a partner. Even if you have all the necessary skills, two or three brains are better than one. -Roberto Neuberger
You can also share your lessons with us in the comment box below.