Hipmunk, the travel search site has announced the availability of a major update to its iPhone, iPad, and Android OS applications. Hipmunk users can now access Hipmunk’s inventory of over 300,000 global hotels on their iPhones, iPads and Android devices.
Hipmunk Hotel Search features:
- Automatic search from current location, enabled by GPS, with ability to enter a new destination;
- Hotel results displayed on a map so users can visualize the destination and hotel options within that destination;
- Top ten hotels ranked by “Ecstasy,” a combination of rate, amenities, and reviews, are highlighted on map;
- Ecstasy is recalculated and new hotels highlighted when the map is recentered and zoomed in and out;
- Ability to turn on information overlays, or heatmaps, including food, nightlife, shopping, tourism, “vice,” and Walkscore™ allowing users to see where a hotel is in relation to unique interests;
- Multiple booking options, including directly with many hotels;
- Booking through the mobile browser, a finish code to book later from a computer, or ability to email hotel choice to a friend, family member, or colleague;
- Saved searches that allow users to easily flip between up to five recent searches to find their best travel options.
You can download the new iOS app for iPhone and iPad here, and the new Android app here.Follow @Alltopstartups