Customers are the most important people for your business. The success of your business or product depends on the patronage, registration, or usage by customers both paying and nonpaying. The extent to which you maintain customers depends on how they are treated when they do business with you. Attracting buying customers is an art. Keeping repeat customers is the backbone of selling. You need to be good at both. Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon has said “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” These are some of the ways to win customers and influence buyers.
- One fully satisfied customer becomes your loyal customer and starts bringing in more loyal customer.
- Speak of your features and sell benefits
- Even if you are not able to win a deal with a customer, be in touch with the customer and possibly nurture the relationship.
- Be competitive but do not be undersold
- Never mislead the customer. instead highlight the advantages that your product has over the products of your competitors
- After sales service is one of the most important tool which might help you win some more deal.
- Connect positively with people, as many people as you can. Connecting is not selling it is building a positive relationship.
- Maintain regular follow ups – Set schedulers for call backs. Customers want vendors/providers who value their business.
- The salesperson should have a complete product knowledge before contacting the prospective customer. Complete product knowledge generates confidence.
- Offer a great product, that exceeds customer expectations
- Giveaway a free gift unexpectedly when you can. Customers love freebies.
How do you win customers and influence buyers? What has worked for you in the past.