Hotmail has lost its steam. Yes Hotmail is not trendy anymore. Hotmail cannot even match Gmail and Microsoft knows that. Gmail is the new Yahoo mail, but Microsoft has plans to make email even more social. As Microsoft prepares for its final release of the new Windows(8), hotmail will be left behind in favour of “Outlook.com”. The company wants to break from the past and has introduced a brand new email service from scratch. Outlook.com is Microsoft’s new email service and the preview is live.
Microsoft’s Outlook desktop application-for PCs and Macs for reading email, managing a calendar, and connecting to people is being rebranded and offered as a personal
What to expect from Outlook.com
- Now, in addition to a desktop application and a service for businesses, you get Outlook as a personal email service – Outlook.com.
- Outlook is designed cloud first, so all of your mail is always available wherever you are.
-Header has 60% fewer pixels and there are 30% more messages visible in your inbox than the webmail most people are used to.
- When you open an email from a contact, you will see a panel with their profile picture and their latest updates from Twitter and Facebook.
- You will also be able to live chat with contacts from your Facebook profile through an integrated chat panel.
- And there are no display ads or large search boxes that take up extra space. Outlook.com also uses Exchange ActiveSync, so it powers your mail, calendar and people experience on your smartphone and tablet.
- Outlook.com’s preview is connected to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, and soon, Skype, to bring relevant context and communications to your email.
-In the Outlook.com inbox, your personal email comes alive with photos of your friends, recent status updates and Tweets that your friend has shared with you, the ability to chat and video chat as well.
You can try the preview at Outlook.com and tell us what you think.