- BankSimple Wants To Reinvent Personal Banking With Online And Mobile Experiences
- 8 Former Facebook Employees Who Hold Sizeable Stakes In Facebook
- How To Make Your Startup Website Memorable
- Learn From A Mix Of Experienced Startup Founders At Mixergy.com
- TweetBot, The New Twitter Client With Personality
Google has made hundreds of acquisitions since 2001. And the company is still in the business of buying great startups. Google keeps buying lots of smaller innovative and promising companies, in their ever-changing quest to dominate the internet. The following statistics pulled from a variety of sources including Crunchbase, Wikipedia and Forbes is a visual guide to Google’s purchases over the years. ( 2001 – 2012 ). Motorola stands out among the lots. The move was to build up the Google’s patent portfolio. Google gained a portfolio of 17,000 patents and another 7,000 patents pending globally as of the time of the acquisition.