Arch Grants has unveiled its 2nd Annual Global Startup Competition. Arch Grants is the global startup competition providing $50,000 grants to early stage ventures and taking no equity in return. Its mission is to create an entrepreneurial culture and infrastructure to build successful companies in St. Louis.
In it’s inaugural year, Arch Grants awarded $50,000 each to 15 startups from around the globe that demonstrated growth potential and chose to make St. Louis their headquarters.
The 2nd Annual Global Startup Competition is now open with grants to be awarded in April, 2013. Grant disbursements will begin at the beginning of June and companies are expected to remain within the Arch Grants program through May of the following year.
The competition is an international business plan competition and it’s open all eligible startups across the world. The competition will award one million dollars in grant money to help entrepreneurs with early-stage capital.
The package for top 20 selected startups.
- $50,000 in grant funding ( no equity is exchanged for the funding) disbursed quarterly, over the course of a year
- Access to business mentoring, free legal and accounting services
- Pro bono marketing and cloud computing services
- Collaboration with local universities
- Access to local investors
- Discounted residential and commercial rent
- Chance for a $100,000 follow-on grant
To be eligible, startups must be for-profit, can be in any industry, and can reside anywhere in the world. Winners must move to St. Louis or remain there.
Applications can be submitted at www.archgrants.org/2013 and must be completed by January 1, 2013.