I want to congratulate the SliceBiz team for taking the top prize in today’s presentation at the Start up Weekend Accra event. 14 Teams spent 54 hours refining ideas, doing market research, programming and designing their potential businesses. Working around the clock the SliceBiz team beat 13 other teams to emerge the winner of this year’s Startup Weekend Accra. SliceBiz is building a disruptive investment platform for providing financing for startups.
The winning package for the team includes GhC1500 , an entry into the UT Bank Enablis Business LaunchPad, Introduction to the Ghana Angel Investor Network, an entry into the Global Startup Battle, the world’s largest startup competition! etc.
Picrazzi, an app that makes it easy to share and access event pictures won second place. They win GHC 1000 and an entry into the UT Bank Enablis Business LaunchPad. AgriProGH picked the third place.
Startup Weekend Accra brought local entrepreneurs, startup enthusiasts, software and Web developers and the technology community in Ghana together to share ideas, form teams and launch viable potential businesses in 54 hours.
Here’s a quick summary of all 14 ideas at the 2012 startup weekend Accra.
- SliceBiz- An investment platform that seeks to help startups source funding
- LetsTour wants to be a destination for the top tourist sites in Africa.
- ArtPeca provides a social platform that brings artists and art lovers together.
- Waali Wireless wants to make it easy for communities to have access to the internet via interconnected wireless networks.
- Nkanee is a digital marketing agency that specializes in social media, digital media and new media.
- Advertise – a platform for advertisers to market branded video ads & reward customers
- Picrazzi . Making it easier to share and access event pictures.
- Yenkur lets you share vehicles and gas.
- Agripro connects investors with farmers.
- MallRiot wants to change online shopping in Ghana.
- Knowsi wants to reinvent FAQs with a flyover widget on websites to make getting solutions to FAQs much easier.
- Cook Cat is a virtual Online kitchen that allows you to customize your meals and get it delivered to you.
- ICT4C, a social enterprise that seeks to train kids to become programmers.
- Estate Genie helps users can search and list real estate info by location.
Startup Weekend brings together a highly motivated group of developers, business managers, startup enthusiasts, marketing gurus, graphic artists and more to a 54 hour event that builds communities, companies and projects.The weekend is a concept of a conference focusing on learning by creating. The nonprofit organization based in Seattle can be found in more than 200 cities around the world with more than 600 events in over 100 countries. Over 5000 startups have been created since inception.