If you are thinking about great tools you need to use to get smarter or learn something significant to improve your yourself this year, these awesome tools are just what you need. There is a good chance you’ll be able to put at least one of these learning tools to good use and come out as a better than you were last year.
There are now hundreds of thousands of educative tools out there geared toward personal development. I hope you will find these educative resources useful.
1. Google Scholar – Provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
2. Academic Earth – Get online courses from leading universities in your pajamas.
3. Youtube EDU – The education videos don’t have cute cats in boxes – but they do unlock knowledge.
4. The Saylor Foundation – Similar to a college curriculum, you can take courses in an area of study plus certificate of completion.
5. lynda.com offers video tutorials to help you master new skills.
6. TED – The annual conference of innovative thinkers. Great videos to open your mind on almost every topic.
7. iTunes U – Learning on the go, from some of the world’s top universities.
8. MIT Open CourseWare is a catalog of free online courses and learning resources offered by MIT.
9. Cerego – Cerego helps you build personalized study plans based on your strengths and weaknesses to retain knowledge.
10. University of the People – Tuition-free online university that offers higher education in multiple course streams.
11. OpenSesame – Marketplace for online training, now with 22,000+ courses.
12. Google Helpouts – Get one-on-one appointments with experts for help on almost everything.
13. Coursera – Partnering with some of the top U.S. universities, Coursera offers massive open online courses for free.
14. Flipboard – Beautiful tile layout makes browsing articles a visually-stunning experience.
15. Quora – You ask, the net discusses – with top experts and fascinating back and forth on everything.
16. Treehouse teaches you how to create websites and mobile applications.
17. Umano -Explore the largest collection of audio articles powered by real people.
18. Peer 2 Peer University or P2PU, is an open educational project that helps you learn at your own pace.
19. BBC Online Learning portal has various resources that cover multiple subjects.
20. Memrise – Scientifically proven to be fun enough that you learn something.
21. Khan Academy – Free elearning in math, science, finance and more. Simple explanations of complicated things.
22. Udacity offers interactive online classes and courses in higher education.
23. Mozilla Developer Network offers detailed documentation and learning resources for web developers.
24. Anki – Create digital flashcards to help you study everything from physics to a new language.
You can share with us some of your favourite learning tools that are not listed here.