The world is full of amazing people. You are either one of them or aspire to be amazing! The amazing ones are an inspiration to those who aspire to do something amazing. It’s still okay to dream, wish and hope for an amazing life—not just an okay life, but a ridiculously amazing life. You are where you are today because of the choice you made yesterday. Your choices today will determine whether you will have an amazing or regretful life tomorrow.
But when it comes to figuring out what you want to do with your life, the strategies aren’t so clear. These are a few signs you will do something amazing with your life.
1. You step outside your comfort zone. When was the last time you did something that scared you? Don’t think. Get outside your comfort zone, just do it! Leap, jump or dive into something that takes you outside your comfort zone, something that scares you a little or a lot. And no matter what the outcome, embrace every experience as an opportunity to spread your wings and grow.
“As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal”.–
Robin S. Sharma
If you have moved beyond your comfort area in the past, you may already know that something different happens! Take charge of your life. If you’re unsatisfied with the present, do something different—your life won’t change unless you create the change. If you are comfortable outside your safe zone, you are on to something, it’s a sign!
2. You are not afraid to fail. If you want to be amazing, you have to want to try something without necessarily thinking about failure. Nobody plans to fail, but you can’t possibly succeed without trying or risking something. If you are not comfortable in your mediocrity and you choose to try to get ahead, you are likely to break through and land on something amazing. If you think everything is not so hard or too complicated but tend to give most things a try, you are on to something.
“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
Every successful person has probably failed several times. Failure is part of the process, it’s not an end but can be a means to an amazing end. Get out there and try to fail, challenge yourself, learn new things and fail as fast as possible. The important thing is not to give up. if you are already getting your hands dirty without regrets, it’s a great sign.
3. You invest in yourself. Your development starts with what you know about yourself. Do you know “YOU”? What are you capable of? What are you passionate about? I am not talking about what you are currently doing or your present job but what you really want to do in your spare time that could become your life time career.
If you have a good idea of who you are and what you want to do with your life, you are half way to a successful life. Invest in yourself, it’s the best investment you can ever make. Create a bigger version of yourself. Don’t settle on a self-imposed plateau; always aim a bit higher than before.
It’s not about the kind of skills you acquire because you have to, but because you want to and it feels right. Something you are happy to do without hesitation. Skills that are unique to you. I’m talking about skills that cannot be taught in a classroom or in a textbook. Skills you can only learn by doing; by learning how to fly after jumping off the cliff.
Skills that can only be developed when you find your true self. When you put yourself on the line or otherwise expose yourself to the possibility of failure. Basically, what I am trying to tell you is that, there is something about you that can be explored and developed your benefit, the people around you and the rest of the world.
4. You don’t care about what others think about you. You don’t have to fit in. You are not required to be like everybody. Don’t fit in if it hurts. If you are not afraid to embrace your true self for fear of how the world will see you, it’s a good sign. Whilst others are trying to fit in with the rest of the world make the world fit in with you.
Don’t be afraid to expose your true self to the world, be creative about what you do. Show your work. Don’t be afraid to show others what you are capable of. Become immune to the impact of others’ opinion and stand naked in a crowd of ideas; comfortable in knowing that while others married the mundane, you explored the exceptional. If you don’t care about showing your work and what you are capable of, you are on to amazing life.
5. You are curious and thirst for knowledge. Some people desperately curious about lots of things. They just want to know. Are you that kind of person? Are you desperate for knowledge or information that can be used to improve or create something. Do you thirst for knowledge, regardless of the topic? While others waste time, would you rather learn how to create, build or design something?
How hungry are you to make a difference or do something significant? Do you ever question human creation? Are you willing to ask this simple question… “What if it’s all a lie?” Do you question authority? Do you pay attention, open your eyes, ears and mind: it’s the only way to rediscover your senses. When you pause and actually notice the little things, what you see might surprise you.
The only thing holding you back from doing something truly amazing, is you. If you want to do something amazing, don’t just talk about it, actually do it.