The startup ecosystem in the UK may not be as vibrant as the startup scene in the US but some startups have consistently caught the attention of the press, businesses and consumers.The UK startup community could see an exponential growth with the British government’s efforts to eliminate administrative barriers and ensure fast-paced growth.
“Recent initiatives to help startups include a new grant to give small businesses access to super-fast broadband and the funding of four computer-science projects in schools to find the tech stars of the future” reports wired.
These are 19 of the most exciting and promising starting in the UK that have caught our attention this year.
1. PeoplePerHour — an online marketplace that links small firms with freelancers.
2. Lyst — a personalized fashion marketplace.
3. TransferWise –allows expats, foreign students and businesses to move money.
4. GoSquared — provides real-time website analytics.
5. Crowdcube — a crowdfunding service that allows you to invest in startups.
7. Squirrly — an SEO Plugin that helps you write excellent SEO articles for your WordPress.
8. Citymapper – a transport app for some of the biggest cities in the world.
9. Appear Here — an online marketplace for pop-up shops.
10. Thread – get your own personal stylist to help you find clothes you love.
11. YPlan — a mobile event-discovery and booking app.
12. RolePoint — wants to change how how companies find talent.
13. Nutmeg — an investment management service for successful professionals.
14. Trak.io — offers customer analytics for data-driven startups.
15. DueDil — provides information on private companies and directors.
16. EDITD –real-time market data and analytics for the fashion and apparel industry.
17. Seedrs – an equity crowdfunding platform for investing in startups in Europe.
18. GoCardless –makes it easy for businesses to accept direct debit payments online.
19. Hailo –get a taxi or licensed car in two quick taps on your iPhone or Android Phone.