These are 50 of the most inspiring and motivational quotes gathered from Everyday Life Lessons, to empower you to take action, navigate through life’s challenges without giving up and get things done today.
1. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
2. You have three choices in life: Give up, give in, or give it all you’ve got.
3. ‘Finished last’ will always be better than ‘Did not finish’, which always trumps ‘Did not start.’
4. All you ever have to decide is what to do next. It really is this simple.
5. Your tomorrow depends entirely on what you do with today.
6. Growth begins at the end of your comfort zone.
7. Don’t think too much, or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place.
8. Thinking too long about doing something is often the reason it never gets done.
9. Change for the better; don’t change for someone else, change for yourself!
10. Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses.
11. If you truly want to change your life, you must first change your mind.
12. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
13. Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
14. Unless you try to master something beyond what you already know, you will never grow.
15. You need to screw up to learn. You need to experience it all to create greatness.
16. Most great things in your life won’t happen by chance, they will happen by choice.
17. Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
18. There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them.
19. People begin to become successful the minute they decide to be.
20. You may delay, but time will not.
21. If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven’t done much today.
22. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
23. Remember, being completely terrible at something is the first step to being pretty darn good at it.
24. You don’t have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great.
25. Sitting on the right track is equivalent to racing down the wrong track.
26. A single thought can change our life, but too much thinking may chain our life.
27. You cannot actually break bad habits. However, you can overwrite a bad habit with a new behavior.
28. Procrastinators who say, “There’s always tomorrow!” deny the reality that one day, they will be wrong.
29. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
30. It’s easier to take a small action now instead of a big action ’some day.’
31. The secret to getting ahead is to focus all of your energy not on fixing and fighting the old, but on building and growing something new.
32. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
33. The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists. It rewards people who get things done.
34. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
35. The best way to prepare for the future is to take care of the present.
36. You don’t always need the perfect plan. Sometimes you just need to give it a try, let go, and see what happens.
37. Don’t forget what happened, but understand that you cannot move forward while looking backwards.
38. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones.
39. Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
40. No matter how many mistakes you make, or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
41. Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses.
42. Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future; not cause you to be afraid of it.
43. Most of the time, you’re only competing with your doubts. Who you gonna let win?
44. Past is a good place to visit, but certainly not a good place to stay.
45. It’s not what you do every once in a while; it’s what you dedicate yourself to on a daily basis that makes the difference.
46. Never half-do two things. Full-do one thing.
47. Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
48. The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists. It rewards people who get things done.
49. You’ll never reach your destination if you keep stopping to tell everyone where you’ve been and what you’ve accomplished.
50. Stop wishing. Start doing.