Startups are being launched almost every single day. That’s a good thing. People are exploring a lot more opportunities than ever before. It’s good for humanity. Everything innovative is what we want and expect. The startup life is about innovation and disruption.
Unfortunately not every startup will be huge. Most die and disappear. Others make immediate splash, stay a bit longer but still die. It sucks for founders but it matters that they try. And most importantly, the few that succeed serve as inspiration for aspiring entrepreneurs.
This is a list of startups from almost every corner of the tech market: from consumer to enterprise, from big data to drones. They have the potential to attract users, investors, partners and turn heads well into 2017 and beyond. They the some of the most promising startups to watch in 2017.
These startups were selected based on a combination of factors including the impact they have made since launch to date, Product Hunt upvotes, traction, and financial backing.
1. Tesla Solar Roof: Invisible roof tiles that power your home
2. Snappa: Create beautiful graphics quickly. Find over 15,000 photos, 200 fonts, 3,000 shapes, and more.
3. Tribe augments video chat with speech recognition subtitles and suggested links.
4. Viv is radically simplifying the world by providing an intelligent
interface to everything. It’s a new voice assistant from the creators of Siri.
5. Otto is designing a new approach to modern transportation, starting with self-driving trucks.
6. Medium is a place to read, write, and interact with the stories that matter most to you.
7. Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks on new hires for global enterprises and startups.
8. Siftery: Share products you use at work, explore what others are using.
9. Truebill: Find your paid subscriptions and cancel with 1-click
10. Duolingo Bots: AI-powered characters to teach language conversation.
11. Due is a free digital wallet that lets you make and accept payments online.
12. Surface Studio: A brilliant screen for your ideas, from Microsoft.
13. Starry is making more powerful Wi-Fi for your house.
14. GRAIL‘s mission is to detect cancer early when it can be cured.
15. Prisma: AI that turns your photos into artwork in seconds
16. Zipline’s drones parachute blood and medicine to remote towns in developing countries.
17. Deliveroo has shown there’s a strong appetite for on-demand premium restaurant delivery.
18. Robinhood bills itself as “a stock brokerage built with the needs of a new generation in mind.”
19. Student.com: the student accommodation marketplace, provides a better experience for both students and landlords.
20. Simple Habit is on a mission to help people stress less and live better.
21. Drift 2.0: Drift brings the power of AI to the relationship you have with your customers.
22. Presciense enables utility companies and service providers to offer a range of Smart Home services to their customers.
23. Hardbound: Stories for curious minds
24. Spectacles: Embedded camera sunglasses by Snapchat.