The Ultimate List of 500+ Startup Resources
This is the alltopstartups’ resource Library for startups, small business entrepreneurs, startup founders and aspiring entrepreneurs. It is a mix is tools, software, books, blogs and articles you will find useful in starting and growing your business. This list is never really complete and we keep updating it, so if you have a suggestion or think I missed some critical piece be certain to contact us.
START AND GROW
How to allocate ownership fairly — Joel Spolsky
Dear Co-Founder –King Sidharth
Minimum Viable Personality –Fred Wilson
Focus is about saying no –Steve Jobs
Why Startups Need a Strong Vision –Des Traynor
How my lifestyle business became a startup — Clint Watson
Pivoting is really hard –Shail Lavingia
Launch your site too soon — Housefed
3 Things You Must Do To Recruit Top Tech Talent– Mashable
Hard or Soft? Which Way to Launch?–Jen McCabe
Top 100 Business and Technology Twitter Accounts You Must Follow –HuffingtonPost
5 Ways to Push Your Company Past the Startup Phase– Mashable
17 Simple Tips On Working At A Startup -LinkedIn Today
7 Lessons Learned From Launching 5 Products– Quicksprout
Here’s A Great Philosophy On How To Build A Startup–Businessinsider
Is your business guilty of these 6 blogging mistakes–Mashable
11 things i wish i knew before starting my first startup–Quicksprout
5 Startup Hiring Mistakes That Can Crush Your Culture–Onstartups
How To Staff A Startup With (Almost) No Money–Readwrite
A Young Entrepreneur’s Quick Path to Profitability–Youngentrepreneur
Truth Will Out – Why Authenticity is the Key to Growing Your Business–Kissmetrics
The Best Startup Decision I Ever Made: 8 Founders Fess Up—ReadWrite
Why Startups Need a Well Articulated Strategy– BothSidesofTheTable
Why Helping Others is Good Business—Inc.
10 Lessons from a First Time Entrepreneur—Slideshare
10 Checks to Ensure Your Twitter Profile is Growing Your Business—Quicksprout
Social Media and the Startup – How much is too much?—Forbes
Startups Are NOT Glamorous – They Run on Fear—LinkedIn Today
6 Ways To Create A Culture Of Innovation—Fastcodesign
5 Ways to Generate More Business From LinkedIn—SocialMediaExaminer
8 key Elements Make Your Business Transformative–Forbes
Nine Startup Tips From Michael Dell—BusinessInsider
10 Tips for Keeping Your Products Lean—Under30CEO
Knowing When To Take The Entrepreneurial Leap—GrowVC
The 5 Basic Building Blocks For Branding Your Startup—Fastcodedesign
Startup Tribes: Tips on Roles and Recruiting—Onstartups
6 Secrets to a Successful Start-up—Inc.
13 cost-saving websites for entrepreneurs—TheNextWeb
Angel Investing Strategies—-PointandFigures
On Startup Values—Rohitsharma
In Startups And Life, You Need Plan A, B, And Z—-Techcrunch
10 Start-up Mistakes to Avoid in the New Year—Inc.
10 Real-World Things To Consider Before Scaling Your Startup—Readwrite
21 social media marketing tips from the pros–Socialmediaexaminer
7 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Engagement–Socialmediaexaminer
Getting Your First Customer — Dharmesh Shah
5 Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga–LinkedIn Today
Marketing Vs Owning Relationships—Chris Brogan
The Advanced Guide to Link Building—QuickSprout
10 marketing hacks that help entrepreneurs get the job done—TheNextWeb
10 Internet Marketing Strategies to Start Today—Under30CEO
5 Social Media Biz Strategies You’ll See This Year—Mashable
10 Lessons in Brilliant Marketing—Entrepreneur
ON PERSONAL PRODUCTIVITY
Take Back Your Life in Ten Steps-HBR
Time Starved? How to Keep Meetings Short–Entrepreneur–Entrepreneur
Now is the time to do–LinkedIn Post
Why you are smarter on a weekend–LinkedIn Post
Who is a GREAT Entrepreneur? -Alltopstartups
Fear is a four- letter word–Inc.
8 Things Really Successful People Do–Inc.
What’s the Most Difficult CEO Skill? Managing Your Own Psychology –Ben Horowitz
13 Ways to Pull Off a Killer Presentation– Jason Baptiste
It’s Never Been a Better Time To Be An Entrepreneur–StartupWeekend
The Bad Habits of Good Negotiators—LinkedIn Today
12 Unconventional Interview Questions Entrepreneurs Should Ask—Onstartups
5 Money Moves Everyone Should Make By Age 30—BusinessInsider
Five Writing Tips that Can Double Your Salary—LinkedIn Today
18 Radically Successful People Who Lived With Their Parents—MentalFloss
How Failure Made These Entrepreneurs Millions—Entrepreneur
3 Keys to Entrepreneurial Success—Inc.
Three Things I’ve Learned From Warren Buffett–LinkedIn Today, Bill Gates
Three Ways To Make Personal Growth Your Top Priority—LinkedIn Today
The Number One Job Skill in 2020—LinkedIn Today
How To Go From Being a Disaster—To a Great Speaker—LinkedIn Today
9 Things Every Entrepreneur Needs to Learn From Woody Allen—Techcrunch
25 of The Best Social News Apps You Can Actually Use–Alltopstartups
Successful Entrepreneurs Think This Way—GrowThink
Entrepreneurs: *DO* Be A Hero-–Onstartups
5 Simple Daily Habits to Practice This New Year—Entrepreneur
10 Mobile Apps To Make Your Business More Productive in 2013—Forbes
The Conscious Lifestyle: A Leader Must Look and Listen—LinkedIn Today
Congratulations, You Failed—LinkedIn Today
45 Amazing Resources for Stirring Up Your Creativity–Alltopstartups
16 Must-Try Apps and Websites For Entrepreneurs—Ubder30CEO
LIST OF RESOURCES
FORBES 100 Best Websites For Entrepreneurs –Some of the best business blogs you need to start and grow your new business.
24 Must-Read Blogs For Entrepreneurs–Business Insider’s list of the best sources of small business and tech news for entrepreneurs.
100+ Resources For Starting And Growing Your Startup Now– Our list of some of the great resources you need to kickstart your startup
Top 60+ Content Marketing Education Resources–Educational resources — from blogs and videos to training, events and more on content marketing from Marketing Land.
Top 100 tools for your online business or startup –Some of the best apps and products for getting your business up and running.
The 10 Best Marketing Resources for Startup Marketers–The business marketing blogs your should be reading. The best blogs that are educating readers on marketing.
39 Resources for Understanding the Science & Psychology Behind Great Marketing – The guys at KISSmetrics have put together a great list of all the resources you need to educate yourself on great marketing.
The 100 Best Free SEO Tools & Resources for Every Challenge – Interactive– Moz collection of 100 best completely free and paid SEO tools get your SEO right.
55 Email Marketing Tools For Small Businesses To Use –Email marketing still works. If you need some of the best services and products on email marketing, this list has everything covered.
29 Free Internet Tools To Improve Your Marketing Starting Today -Buffer’s collection of the top free marketing tools in a variety of marketing categories.
60 Awesome Social-Media Tools for Entrepreneurs –A list of social media tools to streamline your social-media functions.
29 Social Media Tools Recommended by the Pros –The Best social tools to enhance your social media marketing.
BUSINESS BLOGS AND RESOURCE SITES
1. Inc. Start-up – Advice for founders of start-ups and start-up entrepreneurs on writing a business plan, running a home-based business, naming a start-up business, how to incorporate, financing a start-up, buying a small business, and starting a franchise.
2. OnStartups – Run by HubSpot cofounder Dharmesh Shah, On Startups offers advice and insights for entrepreneurs.
3. For Entrepreneurs—A blog for startups and entrepreneurs, written by David Skok, a five time serial entrepreneur turned VC (now at Matrix. Partners)
4. Startup Lawyer — Ryan Roberts’Startup Lawyer breaks down the legal issues of startups.
5. Mashable on Small Business – Essential business advice for starting and growing small businesses.
6. About.com for Entrepreneurs – Help and advice for going from the idea stage to business plan to the marketplace and beyond.
7. Mixergy – Successful CEOs share their experiences with the masses.
8. Small Business Administration. Find information, links and resources to help you start and grow your business, including SBA-guaranteed loans.
9. Accounting Coach – Accounting coach will introduce you to some basic accounting principles, accounting concepts, and accounting terminology.
10. NYT Small Business – Find breaking news & money news on mortgage rates, mutual funds, the stock market, bonds & notes, company research, earnings reports and market insight.
11. Chris Dixon — A General Partner at Andreessen Horowitz. He is also a contributing writer for TechCrunch. A seed investor turned VC, Dixon takes a macro view, considering industry-wide trends.
12. Quora (Startup Founders and Entrepreneurs page) — Quora’s question-answering website has some fantastic responses from establish entrepreneurs and investors for entrepreneurs.
13. Wall Street Journal’s Small Business How To Guide – WSJ small business guide covering how to start, fund, run and manage your small business.
14. Forbes on Entrepreneurs — Forbes entrepreneur section, specifically on how entrepreneurs are running businesses and advice from entrepreneurs.
15. First Round Review — A compilation of startup-centric content. Case studies on the experiences of individual entrepreneurs and companies.
16. The Funded – An online community of entrepreneurs to research, rate, and review funding sources worldwide.
17. Paul Graham – Super awesome timeless essays about venture capital and entrepreneurship.
18. Springwise – Your essential fix of entrepreneurial ideas.
19. Big Think – Blogs, articles and videos from the world’s top leaders and thinkers.
20. PSFK – A go-to source for ideas and inspiration.
21. StartupDigest - Free weekly email to help you meet people and learn more.
22. The Startup Toolkit – Tools and guidance for all startup founders.
23. Both Sides of The Table – Upfront Ventures partner Mark Suster’s blog runs the gamut from sales strategies to fundraising and startup culture.
24. Chic-ceo – Slick site for women with the entrepreneur bug, but its downloadable tools makes this a must-visit for all.
25. How-to Guides on Entrepreneur.com – How-to resources for kick starting your new business.
Updated August 2014!