Mobile games have been known to run on Smartphone’s like the iphone, Blackberry, or the Android. Most games players either download a game from the App Store or other sites. Others play network games on social networks. SMS games are not very common probably because of the cost of each SMS.
Snackable Media , earned over $170M in 2009 revenue based solely on charging users for text-based games via wireless carriers. The company’s unique and obviously very profitable business model has made it possible for game lovers who do not own smart phones to enjoy playing games on even on their feature phones.
Snackable Media has never accepted VC funding, and drives user-awareness via aggressive direct-to-consumer online advertising. Simple call-to-actions are used online directing people to sign up for the games via SMS. Once they sign-up, or opt-in, a $9.95 monthly charge is added to their wireless bill. The games are developed to be extremely simple and addictive, such as a text-version of “Deal or No Deal,” or Predicto, the company’s most popular game- boasting well over a million active monthly users.
This is an interesting concept for game players in developing countries where most products run on SMS.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Complaints Paint Snackable Media As A Scamville For Mobile Phones (techcrunch.com)
- NextWeb Media announces Change of Company Name to Snackable Media; Market-Leading Digital Content Company Unveils New Name (prweb.com)
- Predicto Community Casts a Mobile Vote on the Grammy Awards (prweb.com)
- How to Play Games on Your Mobile Phone (howto.wired.com)
- 2010- The Year of the Mobile App (socialmediatoday.com)
i always watch Deal or No Deal during my past time, what a great show and a great host-,~
howie mandel of deal or no deal is a super great host,..
Comments are closed.