BCIC-New Ventures is pleased to announce the top 20 finalists in its newly launched BCIC New Ventures – Regional Competition for early-stage BC technology entrepreneurs based outside the Lower Mainland. The top 20 companies will now be with a team of mentors and will attend a final business education seminar in January. Each company will have one more chance to present to a panel of experts from February 9-11 in Victoria.
Prizes include the $30,000 BCIC First Prize, $20,000 BCIC Second Prize and $10,000 BCIC Third Prize. This contribution is part of BCIC’s overall commitment of $390,000 as title sponsor of both the regional and larger provincial technology idea competition advancing BC’s emerging technology industry.
BCIC — New Ventures: Regional is like a boot camp for business startups, where participants and competitors will have the opportunity to
* Learn from some of B.C.’s best business experts at our business-education seminars
* Network with top professionals in business, law, finance, government and academia
* Improve their business and strategies during each round of competition
* Receive advice and insight from mentors in Round 3
* Present condensed business plan to a panel of ‘angel’ investors, venture capitalists and industry
experts and gain access to valuable feedback.