MyHorribleSecret.com is where you can let the cat out of the bag, and share your true horrible self in all it’s glory. The site isn’t just a place people go to compare and contrast your various misdeeds. It’s also an avenue that’s designed to allow you to exorcise your hidden demons. It’s a place where everyone can be granted absolution or be judged by strangers.
My Horrible Secret is a different kind of social network. It’s a place where people can truly be their real selves. It could be a nasty habit, an addiction, an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a past criminal offense, something that makes you feel ashamed. Or something people better just not know about. The site aims to become everyman’s personal-life, anonymous version of WikiLeaks.
Some of the secrets on MyHorribleSecret.com are revelations of:
* Malignant behavior (“When I have the flu I kiss and cough on everyone I meet intentionally”)
* Flaky morale (“i pulled the pants down on a manican. i regret nothing. it excited me”)
* Despicable hygiene (“I’ve been wearing the same pair of socks for the past 4 days”)
* Lack of moral standards (“I stood my best friend up on her wedding day. I was her Maid of Honor”)
* Embarrassing truths (“I have never cooked eggs in my life and I am 35 years old”)
* Bad nutrition habits (“I’ve been eating spoiled soup for about a week now because I don’t have the heart to throw it away”)