TexTango, a mobile advertising network that compensates its members for sending SMS text messages, has announced the official release of their “Beta” texting application available for free download on BlackBerry and Android devices.
Each time a member sends a text, an un-intrusive, yet catchy banner message from the sponsoring brand is automatically attached. For every text sent to friends and family, the sponsor compensates them for reaching their target audience. It’s a true win-win situation.
“Based on what we have learned from our successful alpha release, we are finally able to compensate our members for doing what they do every day- texting their friends.” said Kris Golshan, VP of Business Development for TexTango.
Here’s how it works:
1. Visit www.TexTango.com and click the “DOWNLOAD” button. Fill in your information. Please note that your personal information will be securely stored and will not be shared with anyone!
2. Download the TexTango application onto your Android or BlackBerry® phone (your BlackBerry® needs to be running OS version 4.6 or above) by clicking the “Download” link on the left menu bar associated with your phone.
3. For Android Phones: Once the download is complete, click on the “TexTango.apk” file on the “Download” history screen, click “Install” and then click “Done”. To move TexTango to your favorites, go to the “Main” menu, long-click on the TexTango icon, and drag and drop the icon onto the Home screen.
For BlackBerry® phones: Once the download is complete, click “OK”. Go to the “DOWNLOAD” folder on your BlackBerry®, press the “MENU” button, select the “MOVE FOLDER” option, and move the TexTango application to the “HOME” folder.
4. Now you are ready to start texting your friends using TexTango! Simply click on the “TexTango” icon, put in the phone number of the recipient (or press the “MENU” button and choose a number from your Contacts and type in your message).
5. Press the “Menu” Key and “SEND”.