Rocky Mountain Venture Capital Association and KPMG LLP today announced the lineup of early-growth companies for the annual Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) 2011 Winter conference, including a new track of clean technology companies.
The VCIR Winter 2011 conference will be held at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, Colorado, February 8-10 with promising growth companies participating from the Rocky Mountain region.
Participating early growth companies include:
Clean Technology Track
* Albeo Technologies manufactures high quality, long-lasting LED lighting products for commercial and industrial facilities.
*Boulder Ionics creates ionic liquids to enable new classes of ultracapacitors and batteries for electric vehicles and grid-scale energy storage.
* INOTEC is an environmental biotechnology company providing solutions to remove metals and inorganics from water to deliver cleaner water using more effective systems that represent new, more economical concepts in water treatment.
* Inovus Solar is an outdoor street and area lighting company dedicated to engineering and manufacturing lighting products that utilize renewable energy and innovative technology.
* ITN Energy Systems is an energy company developing new methods and applications of thin-film battery technology for defense and commercial markets.
* Luca Technologies is a next‐generation energy company creating new sources for stable, long-term natural gas production by recycling existing oil and gas infrastructure and applying biotechnologies to access previously unrecoverable energy resources.
* Power Tagging Technologies is an energy technology company dedicated to improving the overall efficiency between energy providers and their end users by providing a real-time, schematic map of the electrical grid.
General Technology Track
* Alianza is a hosted voice platform company that enables wireless broadband operators to quickly deliver voice services and applications to residences, small-medium business, and enterprise customers.
* AventuraHQ is a software company that implements a hardware and software agnostic solution exclusively to hospitals to increase efficiency of EMRs at the point of care.
* Catheter Connections is a company that develops and commercializes innovative vascular access products designed to protect patients from acquiring infections during periods of intravenous infusion therapy.
* Giveo is a developer of the first hosted platform for branded, crowd-sourced cause-marketing campaigns and social fundraising. The SaaS-based marketing and campaign management platform enables highly personalized cause and fundraising campaigns, building greater brand and customer.
* GutCheck is a company pioneering a new category of market research by providing businesses with real-time feedback from their target customers through a do-it-yourself, qualitative online platform.
* Accurence is a software solution provider that makes the adjusting of claims more accurate, consistent, intelligent, and efficient using SETTLEASSIST, it’s proprietary on-site inspection and software-based decision-intelligence engine.
* mediaFORGE is a performance-based retargeting and personalization provider that dynamic widget-ad technology to offer advertisers advanced, fully interactive ads geared for personalization and optimized for engagement.
* MOSORO is a stealth company connecting Bluetooth enabled objects through smartphone apps to the Internet enabling new ways to interact with and monetize the objects around us.
* NextGen Storage provides network storage solutions that provide Quality of Service (“QoS”) for virtualized applications utilizing solid-state storage devices.
* Orbotix works with consumer electronics companies and developers to bring phone controlled open devices to market.
* Panoptic Security is a technology security company that specializes in PCI compliance programs for small and mid-size merchants, ISOs, Acquiring Banks and credit card processors.
* Radish Systems is improving the way businesses communicate with smart mobile device users through its ChoiceView technology platform, allowing visual information to be shared during a phone call with smart mobile device users and results in faster, more rewarding mobile communications.