Thinking outside the box (sometimes erroneously called “thinking out of the box” or “thinking outside the square”) is to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel or creative thinking . To think outside the box is to look further and to try not thinking of the obvious things, but to try thinking beyond them(Wikipedia). Once you have stepped out of the box, I recommend you stay outside and destroy the box and constantly stay creative.The following will help you stay out whilst the box is destroyed
- By thinking outside the parameters imposed by technology, executives and designers can build businesses by creating an experience that truly resonates
- Read a business magazine in an industry other than your own, or grab a few books online from your favorite bookstore and learn about how things are done in other industries.
- Maintain a liberal, open mind, unconventional wisdom, the zeal to be different, and a nonconformist approach to uncover things.
- Learning a new topic will not only teach you a new set of facts and figures, it will teach you a new way of looking at and making sense of aspects of your everyday life or of the society or natural world you live in.
- Question everything
- You should be willing to take new perspectives to day-to-day work.
- You must be capable of listening to, supporting, nurturing and respecting others when they come up with new ideas.
- Get up and move yourself to move your business. Keep moving until you no longer have a routine and then enjoy the business growth and new ideas you will be ready to implement!
- Try reading something you’d never have touched otherwise – if you read literary fiction, try a mystery or science fiction novel; if you read a lot of hard-boiled detective novels, try a romance; and so on.
- I strongly suggest you get yourself a notebook that you carry with you everywhere. When an idea comes to you or you see something that you you think could be useful later, write it down.
- Find time to just sit alone and think at least once a week, even if it is only ten minutes.
- If you find yourself stuck in a cycle, immediately change your routine.
- Look at the same thing as everyone else and think something different.
- To get of your own box is always a challenge when we surround ourselves with the same people, the same 4 walls, etc. Go to a new place, a fresh place for example: a coffee shop
- Try working in a partner’s office, at a local coffee shop, or even outdoors. You may need a break from regular habits and routines
Image courtesy Butler Blue II