Whether you have been in business for a few months or a couple of years, cash infusion is important to sustain the business. It is always very challenging and time consuming to raise capital from angel investors or venture capitalists. After the end of five business days, these companies raised over $70 million in funding. These companies raised funds for different purposes.
- Trapit, the provider of a personalized web search service raised $6.2M in a Series A funding. The round was led by Horizon Ventures.
- Thumbtack.com, which operates a service to help connect consumers with local professionals secured $4.5M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by Javelin Venture partners.
- BridgeWave Communications, a developer of 4G millimeter wave backhaul products, raised $10.3M in an additional financing round. The round was led by Intel Capital and Morgan Creek Capital Management.
- Practice Fusion, which develops electronic medical records scored $2M more in funding for the company. The funding came from angels Jed Stremel (Facebook), Ali Partovi (LinkExchange), and Hadi Partovi (Tellme).
- AQT Solar, which develops CIGS (copper-indium-gallium-diselenide) thin-film solar cells, raised $18.7M in a funding round. Source of the Series B funding was not announced.
- Senova Systems, a developer of solid state based pH sensors used for measuring acidity in the manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and other markets, raised $6.7M in a Series B funding.
- Avinger, a maker of multi-functional catheters used for patients with Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), closed on $22.5M in a Series C funding. The round came from its existing investors, along with an un-named, new investor contributing $6M to the round.