Giving up isn’t who you are. The inner voice that keeps reminding you to give up won’t go away until you confront your fears and move on. No matter what, try again to give yourself a chance at success. You will be amazed by what you can accomplish when you stay determined.
Here is what you should do when you feel like like up in life, in business or career.
1. Instead of asking what’s wrong, remind yourself what you have done right. When you’re tired and anxious and feel like giving up, it’s easy to ask: what’s wrong with me? Am I on the wrong path? What am I doing wrong? It’s important to remind yourself what you have accomplish so far. You may not realise it but if you are at a point of giving up, chances are you have done something right up to that point.
Take time right now and list all the things you have done right in your life or business or career. Take time to look back and say to yourself, “Wow, look at how far I’ve come! Remind yourself that you are capable of doing something remarkable if you don’t give up. You can do this! Don’t talk yourself out of it.
2. Reset and revisit your goals. Once you realise that mistakes are bound to happen in every human endeavour, you will be better prepared to make a better move next time. Whatever you may be going through in business and in life, a simple readjustment and a brief ‘time out’ can dramatically move you forward like you never thought possible. Take a break from the usual, sit back and find a new way to make that improvement.
3. Refuse to give in to the temptation to quit! Every great person you know once got the point of giving up. Success takes lots of commitment and perseverance. You are not the first person to be going through what you are experiencing right now.
Guess what, all the great winners and successful people in history refused to quit. Yes, things may get hard, the road may be bumpy, you may feel like giving up…..but don’t. Don’t stop until you’ve reached the top. Stick to your goals, vision or dream and you will have the most awesome, success story to tell!
4. You can still choose to make that one small step today! The only person that can really push you that little bit further to be remarkable is yourself. Stay motivated to make a difference in your own life! Remind yourself of what you love, like and what makes you happy! There is no worthwhile success story that happened overnight. Choose to make that crucial step that will make all the difference in your life.
5. Look for that opportunity in your biggest problem. You can only grab a new opportunity if you close the door behind you and open the new one right in front of you. The opportunity ahead may not be that obvious, but know that there is always an opportunity if you look harder. Sometimes it’s in the very moments of losing a job, that you are able to take a new job. Sometimes what looks like a loss, is actually the stepping stone to your greatest success. Your biggest chance is probably hidden in what you call misfortune or loss. Look for it and make the most of it.
6. Make a contract with yourself. Write out what you intend to accomplish and how you intend to accomplish it and then give yourself, say, six months to achieve that goal. Sign and date it and keep it where you can see it. You might even impose some kind of “penalty” for breaking the contract. Work on achieving what you have set out to do within that specific time. And remember to reward yourself when you get it done.
7. Remember, quitting is not an option. Winners never quit and quitters never win. Do not accept your helplessness.You need a bit of belief in yourself or at least the willingness to try to make change. And it requires some problem solving because you must identify something that you can do that you have not yet tried.
The only way to unlearn helplessness is to learn that you can affect change. If you cannot do it alone, ask for help. Try anything that you can think of, no matter how little you believe that it will work. Any attempt to escape the present failure even if it fails again, is better than no attempt at all.
If you have a positive mindset and are willing to persevere, there is little that is beyond your reach. The attitude of being ready to work even in the face of challenges and despite odds is what will make all the difference in your life.