You’ve been researching which industries provide great investment opportunities and the results of those searches have pinpointed medicine as the industry that will provide the biggest returns. The question at hand is which field of medicine is up and coming?
Recent years have seen a high demand for licensed phlebotomists and this trend is not going to decrease anytime soon since the need for them is becoming more and more crucial in the medical field.
But what do phlebotomists do exactly? Phlebotomists are individuals who draw blood for testing and are indispensable for any medical center. In order to become a phlebotomist, one first needs to acquire a certificate and oftentimes a license as well. That’s where your investment opportunity arises.
Open a Phlebotomy School or a Training Course
As you can imagine, opening any kind of school or a training course is not an easy task to undertake. You need to follow these stages: Permits and Accreditation – Filing for necessary permits is the first step. Looking for certification and accreditation that will bring in the students is the second since phlebotomy certificates are essential for their future work in the field.
1. Permits and Accreditation – Filing for necessary permits is the first step. Looking for certification and accreditation that will bring in the students is the second since phlebotomy certificates are essential for their future work in the field.
2. Marketing – Start formulating plans on how to market your new business venture, which advertising mediums you’ll use; and how you’ll get the word out and bring in the students. This is a crucial stage that will either make you stand out from the crowd or make you invisible among them.
3. Find an Edge – Partner up with hospitals and medical centers and enable your students to train with them.
4. Location – It would be ideal that your school is located near those hospitals or medical centers you’ve partnered up with. This will be a huge factor with students while researching which phlebotomy schools are the best.
5. Supplies – Make sure you have all the supplies necessary for smooth operation of your school. These include blood, plasma, platelets, latex gloves, lab coats, etc.
Phlebotomy has been ranked as one of the 100 best jobs in the US which is an indicator that your school will see great profit if run successfully. Various hospitals throughout the country are recruiting more and more phlebotomists. Major hospitals are unable to cope with the demand for blood service and patients often complain about having to wait for more than two hours at the phlebotomy unit because the staff is busy.
See Great Returns
Another indicator of how your investment will pay out is that phlebotomy jobs are expected to grow significantly till 2024. That growth is much higher than the other jobs in the market. Such predictions could also be made for your investment.
It’s not just the investors who have taken notice of this growing trends. People who are looking for a steady career have taken notice too. There are many benefits to becoming a phlebotomist. Prior medical knowledge is not a prerequisite and it usually doesn’t take more than a year to receive a phlebotomist degree. Once the course is finished, the state requires the individual to pass an examination that will certify them as phlebotomists.
There are also financial benefits. A certified phlebotomist salary is handsome and it can be increased. When starting out a phlebotomist can expect a salary of $23,000 a year to $45,000 a year. Apart from the salary, a phlebotomist is also entitled to benefits and bonuses which add to the yearly income.
A Smart Investment
There hasn’t been a lot of exposure on the high demand for phlebotomists across the medical field. This might be the perfect time for you to enter the market and create a huge buzz. Read up more on the subject, look into the areas you think you could improve and work on those aspects when formulating your business plan. If you have any doubts, feel free to consult an expert and get a better idea on how the business should be run and get all the necessary answers regarding this medical field. Ultimately, be persistent and you will soon pick the fruits of your labor.