Many people out there still believe that without a college degree there’s nothing you can do in the future. That’s why most of high school students decide to continue their education by attending college.
College Degree it’s not everything in life!
Average college graduates can indeed earn more income in the long-term than non-graduates employees, but today’s job market has changed over time and new jobs emerged that don’t require any specific higher qualification than high school. Along with job positions that strictly require a college degree, many jobs need soft skills and on-the-job training to keep updated and learn about the latest developments and innovations in that specific job field. These careers seem to be in constant demand for new people to hire.
Checking our list of top high-paying jobs, you’ll easily see that you can start a promising career without having a college degree in a variety of job fields and industries. Still on the fence? Take a look at what we’ve found for you:
- ATC (Air Traffic Controller): Probably, most kids dream about becoming pilots, but air traffic controller seems to a more repaying career. For this job, you don’t need any college degree, but experience plays a significant role to be hired. It’s actually a very competitive job field. You have to pass a test to check your health status and mental stability. Once you are hired, you’ll get ongoing training classes provided by the airline company.
- Real Estate Broker: Selling homes may not be the highest ambition for many graduates but it’s without a doubt one of those careers that don’t require a college degree and that allow you to earn a lot all depends on your knowledge of the real estate market, though. For this job, you’ll have to take classes to get your certification but ongoing training is still needed as you have to keep updated with the actual market’s trends. If you love to help people, understand their needs, and are a friendly person, this might be a great job idea for you.
- Casino Live Dealer: With the diffusion of online casinos, the job of the live dealer has become one of the most requested by online casino companies, especially in the Middle East, where Arabic bettors love gambling live a variety of games like poker, blackjack, and roulette. Check this Live Roulette page to get specific information about the role of casino dealers in live games. This job turns out to be repaying and exciting all at the same time. If you already have deep knowledge of the most popular live casino games, you are already halfway there!
- Director of Security: Either you pass security guard training or you have a degree in Computer Science, you may try to become a director of security. This is a very requested professional figure by millions of companies out there. Also, you’ll get to pass a health inspection depending on the company that wants to hire you. Typically, the director of security has to implement security in department policies. Some of the requested skills for this job are about physical features.
- Cable Supervisor: In a world where we all rely more and more on devices and electronic appliances, technicians who are experts in cable supervision are extremely important. You need to have technical school education and on-the-field experience. You may also want to apply for an entry-level position to start making your first experience. This job consists of a managerial series of tasks as the cable supervisor has to check the maintenance and installation made by his team of technicians.
- Freelance Photographer: As long as you are skilled in photography, you know the basic rules and techniques, you can use a professional camera with accessories, and you are a pretty appreciated photographer, you may start a career as a freelance photographer. For this career, you need to love self-education and on-the-field practice. You can offer your service for a variety of photo-related purposes, for example, for magazines, newspapers, or you may even become a paparazzi if you have the spirit of adventure!
- Personal Trainer: Do you love sports and you practice physical activity yourself? You may transform your passion for sport into a job opportunity if you start a career as a personal trainer. You can teach fitness techniques and, in the meanwhile, you’ll take classes or self-educational sources to learn about nutrition, anatomy, and other related sciences to complete your professional profile as a personal trainer.
So, stop worrying when someone tells you that you have to get a college degree to get a good job! As you can see, you have plenty of choices among these high-paying jobs for non-graduates!