You’ve probably noticed an email popup that welcomes you when you open AllTopStartups. It’s called an entry subscription popup, and it’s powered by a service called GetSiteControl.
In this post, I will review this app because after trying a few email list building solutions, I’ve found this one to be quite simple and effective, so I thought you may benefit from hearing about it as well.
What is GetSiteControl?
GetSiteControl is a form builder created with non-techies in mind. It allows you to quickly compile any type of a form, a popup or a widget you might need to have on your website for marketing purposes:
- Email subscription forms
- Contact forms
- Survey forms
- Call-to-action popups and floating bars
And depending on how eye-catching you want a widget to be, you can display it as a modal popup, a slide-in, a floating bar, or a sticky side button.
Apart from these four tools, there is also a simple live chat widget you can place on any webpage – all created from the same dashboard. If you own an ecommerce store and willing to provide instant communication, the chat comes in handy.
The best part, you don’t need any coding experience or special knowledge to use GetSiteControl. It’s very intuitive, and you’ll be able to create a form within a few minutes after installation.
By the way, if you’re on WordPress, there is a dedicated plugin that makes it even easier to get started.
What can you use it for?
Apart from the most obvious – email list building – you can use GetSiteControl for various marketing purposes. Here are just a few examples of what it enables you to do:
- Prevent webpage/cart abandonment – by means of the exit-intent popup technology.
- Promote special deals or new blog content, announce news sitewide.
- Collect feedback from your audience using surveys, contact forms, and rating scales.
- Create website exit surveys to find out why people leave a certain webpage.
- Provide technical or sales support – with the contact form and the live chat widget.
- Optimize conversions – by placing targeted CTAs on the pages with visitor drop-offs.
What is so unique about GetSiteControl?
First of all, versatility. The fact that you can create all these forms helps you achieve more goals using the same app. For a startup, it’s a great benefit in terms of effort and budget.
Here is what a dashboard looks like when you start creating a new form:
The second feature that makes GetSiteControl unique, is its behavior and targeting settings you can play with.
For example, you can choose to display certain widgets based on on-page user behavior. Say, if you’re not a fan of entry popups – you can display a widget after a visitor spends some time on a webpage or scrolls down X% of the content. That way, chances are higher that the person will subscribe because they have already shown interest to your website.
Here is another example. If you’re running a campaign in partnership with another website that sends traffic your way, you can create a personalized message with a unique offer for the visitors coming from that referral source only. You can also target various audiences based on their location, language, browser, UTM tags and more.
Plus, you may want to show different CTAs to new and returning visitors – offering a bigger incentive to those who didn’t convert the first time.
Other noteworthy GetSiteControl features are:
- Autoresponder – send automated emails to those who have subscribed, filled out a survey or a contact form.
- Integrations – connect your forms to any email marketing software, Zapier, and Google Analytics.
- Success page – decide if you want to show a Thank you message after a visitor fills out the form, or redirect them to another page.
- A/B testing – run multiple versions of the same widget to compare results and find out which copy, image, or CTA brings higher conversion rates.
- Real-time statistics – track your widget performance to fine-tune the settings on-the-go.
GetSiteControl is quite affordable, especially when you compare to it to other email list building solutions available on the market.
Its pricing model is based on how many views per month you expect widgets to get – which is easily calculated based on your website traffic – and you aren’t limited feature-wise no matter at what stage your business is. All the advanced settings, integrations, targeting, A/B tests, and real-time statistics are included.
You’ll be able to play with GetSiteControl for free during a 7-day trial period before making a decision. The price tag starts at $19 per website per month if you expect to have up to 10K widget views. 100K monthly views will cost you $29. Plus, there is an unlimited subscription for large websites available at $49 per month.
GetSiteControl is a flexible solution any publisher or ecommerce store owner will benefit from.
If you’re trying to build a list for your email marketing campaigns, GetSiteControl will provide you with just everything you may need to create a perfect subscription form. And because it comes with so many additional features, you will be able to save on 3rd-party apps for installing tools like a contact or a survey form, exit-intent popups, and a live chat.